How Does Hydro Jetting Work?
Hydro jetting is a highly effective method used to clean and clear clogs in pipes and sewer lines. It involves using a specialized machine that generates a high-pressure stream of water to remove debris, buildup, and obstructions from the inside of the pipes.
If you're looking for a trustworthy Fort Collins plumbing company to ask about hydro jetting, you've come to the right place. Lion Rooter & Sewer is Northern Colorado's trusted expert for all things drain and sewer!
Why Choose Lion Rooter & Sewer to Clean Your Sewer Lines?
- 24/7 availability for sewer and drain emergencies
- Locally trusted since 1998
- Highly trained technicians
- Guaranteed Satisfaction
The Hydro Jetting Process
- Inspection: Before starting the hydro jetting process, a professional plumber will typically perform a camera inspection to assess the condition of the pipes and identify the location and severity of the clog or blockage.
- Equipment setup: Once the inspection is complete, the plumber will prepare the hydro jetting equipment. This typically involves connecting a flexible hose to a specialized nozzle designed for high-pressure water delivery.
- Water pressure adjustment: The water pressure is adjusted based on the specific requirements of the job. Hydro jetting machines can generate extremely high pressures, typically ranging from 1,500 to 4,000 pounds per square inch (psi), depending on the situation.
- Nozzle insertion: The hydro jetting nozzle is inserted into the access point of the pipe or sewer line. The nozzle is carefully guided through the pipe to reach the clog or affected area.
- High-pressure water jetting: Once the nozzle is in position, the hydro jetting machine is activated, and a powerful stream of water is propelled into the pipe at high pressure. The water is sprayed in all directions, using various angles and patterns to effectively remove debris and buildup from the pipe walls.
- Debris removal: As the high-pressure water stream passes through the pipe, it dislodges and breaks apart the clog or obstruction. The debris is then flushed out of the pipe and carried away through the sewer system.
- Final inspection: After the hydro jetting process, a follow-up camera inspection may be conducted to ensure that the pipes are thoroughly cleaned and free from any remaining blockages or issues.
Hydro jetting is beneficial because it not only clears clogs but also thoroughly cleans the inside of the pipes, removing accumulated grease, mineral deposits, tree roots, and other debris. It is a versatile and environmentally friendly solution that can be used in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
Hydro jetting, when performed by trained professionals following industry standards, is generally safe for pipes. However, it is important to consider certain factors to ensure the safety and integrity of the pipes being cleaned. Here are a few key points:
- Pipe Material: Hydro jetting is safe for most types of pipes, including PVC, cast iron, clay, and concrete. However, older or fragile pipes, such as those made of corroded metal or weakened materials, may be more susceptible to damage from high-pressure water. A professional plumber will assess the condition of the pipes before initiating hydro jetting to determine if it is suitable.
- Proper Water Pressure: The water pressure used during hydro jetting should be adjusted based on the specific pipe material, diameter, and condition. Experienced plumbers understand the appropriate pressure levels to use to effectively remove obstructions without causing damage. They will calibrate the equipment to deliver the right amount of pressure for the job.
- Nozzle Selection: Hydro jetting nozzles come in different types and sizes, each designed for specific applications. The plumber will select the appropriate nozzle that provides the optimal water flow and pressure distribution for the pipes being cleaned. This ensures efficient cleaning while minimizing the risk of pipe damage.
- Professional Expertise: Hiring a licensed and experienced plumbing professional is crucial to ensure the safe execution of hydro jetting. Professionals have the knowledge, skills, and training to assess the condition of the pipes, choose the correct equipment, and employ proper techniques to avoid potential damage.
While hydro jetting is generally safe for pipes, there are some rare cases where it may not be recommended. For example, severely deteriorated or collapsed pipes may require alternative repair methods. It is essential to consult with a qualified Fort Collins hydro jetting company like Lion Rooter & Sewer who can evaluate your specific situation and recommend the most suitable approach for your pipes.
Remember, regular maintenance and inspection of your plumbing system can help identify potential issues early on, allowing for timely repairs and minimizing the need for more extensive cleaning methods like hydro jetting.
To request a consultation, contact our Fort Collings hydro jetting experts today at (970) 400-1518.
We value your time. Before our team member arrives at the appointed time, we will give you a call so you don’t have to waste your valuable time waiting or worrying.
We understand that problems don’t always arise during “normal” business hours. That is why our call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Since 1998, we've been servicing Greeley and Northern Colorado in Rooter & Sewer. Our goal is to be the company you turn to with all your drain and sewer needs.
Our customer's complete satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. If you are dissatisfied with our service or our people for any reason, we will do whatever it takes to make it right.
“We have definitely found a new home service repair company we will be using from now on.” - Bobbi S.