Prompt & Affordable Solutions for Clogged Drains
A smelly backed up drain can be a real headache, especially when DIY methods fail. Thankfully, Lion Rooter & Sewer is just a quick phone call away! If you need drain cleaning in Fort Collins, our team of experts is the one you want on the job. We specialize in sewer and drain issues, so you can trust that we have the experience, tools, and techniques to take care of clogged drains quickly and effectively. Whether you have a minor backup in one drain or a major issue causing multiple clogged drains throughout your property, we have the solution!
Why choose Lion Rooter & Sewer for your next drain cleaning service?
- Available 24/7 for drain emergencies
- Specialized expertise backed by 25 years in business
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Schedule your clogged drain repair today when you call (970) 400-1518.
How often do I need to have my drains cleaned?
How often you'll need to have your drains professionally cleaned depends on how often you use your drains and the environment around them. If you have heavily used drains or live in an area with a lot of trees, plants and roots, then you should consider having your drains cleaned at least every six months to one year to keep them free from clogs. Additionally, if you notice that water is draining slower than usual and/or there are odors coming out of your drains, that is a sign you need to have your pipes inspected by a professional. Lion Rooter & Sewer of Fort Collins can recommend the best solution for getting your drainage system back in optimal condition.
What are the most common causes of clogged drains?
Clogged drains are a common problem in both residential and commercial settings. The most common causes of clogged drains include build up of:
- Grease. Grease and cooking oils will solidify when it cools off and can stick to the sides of the drain pipe.
- Hair. Hair has a tendency to get caught up in the bends of a pipe as it travels down the drain.
- Soap scum. Soap scum can create a slimy layer buildup which will trap anything else going down the drain.
- Food particles. Food particles and other debris such as vegetable peels or coffee grounds can form blockages if they are not disposed of properly before entering into a sink.
- Toilet paper. Toilet paper is an often overlooked cause; if too much is flushed at once it can cause a jam in the plumbing system.
- Other debris. Clogs can also be caused by foreign objects accidently entering into a sink or toilet such as toys or jewelry.
- Tree roots. Finally, tree roots may penetrate drainage pipes where there is an existing leak in search of water, creating even larger clogs and potential damage to underground piping systems.
How can I keep my drains from clogging in the future?
To prevent clogged drains, it is important to take proactive steps. This can include avoiding pouring grease or oil down your drain and disposing of food scraps properly. Additionally, you should ensure that hair and other debris do not accumulate in the drain. To keep this from happening, use a mesh strainer to capture hair in showers and bathtubs, and dispose of it regularly. You may also want to regularly pour hot water down the drain to help flush out any debris that may have accumulated. Finally, having your drains professionally cleaned by Lion Rooter & Sewer every so often will help maintain cleanliness and reduce the likelihood of clogs occurring in the future.
Our Fort Collins drain cleaning team is ready to serve you. Contact us today to request an appointment!
We value your time. Before our team member arrives at the appointed time, we will give you a call so you don’t have to waste your valuable time waiting or worrying.
We understand that problems don’t always arise during “normal” business hours. That is why our call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Since 1998, we've been servicing Greeley and Northern Colorado in Rooter & Sewer. Our goal is to be the company you turn to with all your drain and sewer needs.
Our customer's complete satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. If you are dissatisfied with our service or our people for any reason, we will do whatever it takes to make it right.
“We have definitely found a new home service repair company we will be using from now on.” - Bobbi S.